In this week’s Friday Five, we’re leading with a feature from Magnetic Magazine on how DJs use music and performing to help deal with anxiety and depression. We’ve also got pieces from the Tunecore Blog, DJ Booth, and The Guardian. Have a great weekend ahead!
- How DJs Use Music To Manage Their Mental Health – Magnetic Magazine chats with five DJ/producers and asks them how listening, playing and creating music uplifts their mental wellbeing and the crucial role it plays in their lives Read the article
- How To Produce A Hit Song In 2018 – Here’s everything you need to know in order to write a chart-topper this year, according to data gathered from thousands of listeners. The Tunecore Blog has it Read the article
- Leasing Beats Is Big Business – Here’s why producers are starting to “rent out” their beats and productions to indie rappers and vocalists instead of sending them to labels and publishers in the hope of landing placements. DJ Booth has it Read the article
- How Despacio Is Fighting Mainstream Dance – The massive mobile rig and party helmed by James Murphy of LCD Soundsystem and David and Stephen Dewaele of Soulwax goes against the dance music grain by providing a club experience that places a single virtue front and centre: patience. The Guardian has it Read the article
- Inside The True History Of Grime – Get a peek behind the curtain and learn the roots of one of the most influential UK genres in contemporary dance music. The Guardian has it Read the article
Feel free to comment on any of the articles in the section below.