In this week’s Friday Five we’re leading with a piece from Mixmag that asks DJs who frequent the White Isle how your production can find its way into their DJ libraries. We’ve also got articles from The Federalist, Your EDM, Highsnobiety and DJ Worx. Have a fantastic weekend ahead!
- How To Get Your Track Played In Ibiza – 10 DJ/producers dish out advice on how to get your track in their record crates and get plays this summer. If beaches aren’t your thing, this piece is still packed with all around great advice on submitting music. Mixmag has it Read the article
- Science Finally Explains Why We Love Throwbacks – Ever seen that “No. 1 Song On Your 14th Birthday” meme making its way around social media? There’s a reason why we never get tired of songs we loved as teenagers – and also why it gets harder to listen to new music as we age. The Federalist has it Read the article
- The Unspoken Side Of Ghost Producers – Your EDM has a deep interview with a ghost producer who’s made over 500 tunes for both unknowns and big name superstars alike. Little known fact: Mozart himself was a ghost writer. Intrigued? Read the article
- Why Cultivating Your DJ Identity Is Crucial – South African DJ Black Coffee has been a festival staple in the past handful of years, but he’s been DJing for two decades now. Find out the secret to his longevity, and how he goes from strength to strength to keep him pushing forward. Highsnobiety has it Read the article
- The Dumbing Down Of DJ Turntables Has To Stop – Our friends at DJWORX present a compelling argument against the lack of true innovation in contemporary DJ turntables Read the article
Feel free to comment on any of the articles in the section below.