In this week’s Friday Five, we’re leading with a piece from DJ Mag on why DJs shouldn’t be so protective of their tracks. We’ve also got articles from Digital Music News, Billboard, Pitchfork and Flypaper. Have a good weekend ahead!
- Tunes Don’t Have To Be Top Secret – Apps like Shazam or going on to The Identification Of Music Group on Facebook aren’t necessarily the bane of DJs today, and it all goes back to the roots of what it means to be a DJ. DJ Mag explains Read the article
- 100 Most Streamed Spotify Songs Ever – Spinning at a wedding or a party filled with millennials and Gen Zers? Pack a playlist with all these songs and sprinkle them throughout your set – you’ll thank us later. Digital Music News has it Read the article
- How To Be An Eclectic DJ – Celebrated underground selectors Jackmaster and Peggy Gou speak up on why it’s important to play deep cuts and how to get started introducing more variety in your DJ sets. Billboard has the interview Read the article
- The Definitive History Of Trance – Read up on how one of the most influential dance music genres of the 90s came to be. Pitchfork has it Read the article
- 70 Songs For Testing Headphones & Speakers – Check out this Spotify playlist compiled by Flypaper for some heavyweight tunes to reference speakers and cans with Read the article
Feel free to comment on the article in the section below.