In this week’s Friday Five, we’re leading with a piece from Rolling Stone that ranks the 100 top tracks of the 2000s thus far. We’ve also got an article from DJ Mag that explains how to get attention as a DJ, along with other pieces from The Guardian, The Independent and Soundfly. Have a great weekend!
- The 100 Greatest Songs Of The Century So Far – Load up your DJ library with these chart-topping bangers from the turn of the 21st century to today. It’s the perfect party-starter for weddings, functions and all-ages parties. Rolling Stone has it Read the article
- “When I DJ, I’m F***ing Alive” – The Guardian interviews Siberian dance phenom Nina Kraviz and gets in deep with her philosophy on DJing and why she never plays the same set twice Read the article
- Why Pop Still Loves “Now That’s What I Call Music” – It’s been 35 years since the first “Now…” compilation album was released, and it has maintained its relevance in pop culture. Find out why in this piece by The Independent Read the article
- Attention Is Everything In This Digital DJ Age – Want to stand out and get noticed? Play music that sets you apart from the rest – Nastia explains how in this piece from DJ Mag Read the article
- Focus On Fan Quality, Not Quantity – Want to build a strong, loyal fanbase who’ll stick with you? Focus on getting 10 “super fans” instead of 1000 lukewarm followers. This piece from Soundfly shows you how Read the article
Feel free to comment on any of the articles in the section below.