In the week of Aretha Franklin’s death, we lead with a story from Billboard focusing on some of the dance tracks that have sampled the “Queen of Soul” over the years. We also have stories from The Guardian, The New York Times, and DJ Mag.
- How Aretha Franklin Impacted Dance Music – One of the greatest voices of all time died this week, and Billboard Magazine leads the tributes from the dance music world Read the article
- The Greatest Preset Sounds In Pop Music – Think you need to make all your own sounds to have hit records? Here are lots of pieces of evidence to the contrary. From The Guardian Read the article
- Why Songs Of The Summer All Sound The Same – Ever get that feeling you’ve heard it all before as the newest summer hit assaults the airwaves? Turns out you may be right, says the New York Times… Read the article
- Learn How To Play Classic Synths & Drum Machines – A new video series from a former Korg engineer shows you inside tricks with some of the most iconic electronic instruments ever made, reports Red Bull Read the article
- The Inspiring Story Of Black Coffee – Learn how one of house music’s best loved DJs engineered his way through adversity to reach where he is today. From DJ Mag Read the article
We’d love to hear your thoughts on the articles we’ve chosen from around the web this week, so let us know below!