In this week’s Friday Five, we’re leading with a video documentary from Electronic Beats where electronic music luminaries discuss the role technology plays in making and playing dance music. We’ve also got pieces from Mixmag, Decoded Magazine and Embassy One. Have a good weekend ahead!
- Top DJs Share Their Tech Hacks – Check out this Electronic Beats documentary where leaders like Ellen Allien, Richie Hawtin and Laurent Garnier talk about how evolving tech continues to influence the way electronic music is created and performed Watch it
- Goosebumps Are A Sign Of Good Health – A new study has found that getting goosebumps while attending music festivals and events is linked to being more creative and in a better state of physical health. Mixmag has it Read more
- 5 Common Mistakes DJs Make – DJ Ravine and Ben Bristow discuss five mistakes that both novice and experienced DJs commit. Decoded Magazine has it Read more
- Jeff Mills Spills His Drum Machine Secrets – The legendary Roland TR-909 is celebrated annually during the 9 September (aka 909 Day). Mixmag chats with techno wiz and visionary Jeff Mills and asks him what makes the 909 so special Read more
- The Sound Of Berlin: A Documentary – Take a deep dive into the history of the capital of techno and electronic music in this documentary by Embassy One that includes interviews with Pan-Pot, Juan Atkins and more Watch it
Feel free to comment on any of the articles in the section below.