In this week’s Friday Five we’re leading with a piece from Resident Advisor where James Zabiela dishes on the tricks, tips and techniques that have made him one of the most technical and proficient DJs on the planet. We’ve also got pieces from Mixmag, Red Bull Music Academy, Dancing Astronaut and Forbes. Have a great weekend ahead!
- The Art Of DJing According To James Zabiela – He’s a CDJ genius known for his singular style and approach towards mixing and improvising while he spins. Learn what goes on inside his head when he gets behind the decks in the exclusive from Resident Advisor Read more
- How To Be Yourself At A B2B Set – This piece from Mixmag is all about staying true and maintaining your artistic identity and integrity when you’re sharing the decks with another DJ Read more
- Techno & The Fall Of The Wall – Here’s how the Reunification of Germany led to an electronic music explosion in the German capital. Red Bull Music Academy has it Read more
- 10 Artist-Owned Labels To Watch – Check out these up and coming record labels that are run by prolific DJ/producers. Dancing Astronaut has it Read more
- How To Throw An Unforgettable Party – Forbes checks in with Hot Since 82 and asks him what it takes to create memorable events that push the dance music envelope Read more
Feel free to comment on any of the articles in the section below.