In this week’s Friday Five, we’re leading with a piece from Mixmag that talks about the importance of putting on an unforgettable performance that leaves a lasting impression on your audience and the promoter. We’ve also got pieces from DIY Musician, Create Digital Music, Flypaper and DJ Mag. Have a good weekend ahead!
- How To Be A DJ That Gets Booked Again & Again – Mixmag dishes sound advice for getting repeat bookings and, more importantly, practical explanations why some promoters and venues will only book you once. Solid guidelines as well for what not to do if you want to keep on gigging Read more
- 8 Ways To Beat Self-Doubt – Feeling anxious or unworthy? Is the dreaded “imposter syndrome” hitting you hard? DIY Musician offers strong tips for getting past self-doubt Read more
- Techno’s Detroit Roots Unveiled – This piece from Create Digital Music is about the upcoming techno documentary called “God Said Give ‘Em Drum Machines” that stars Detroit’s finest including Derrick May, Juan Atkins, Kevin Saunderson and more Read more
- How To Make An Audience Feel Nostalgic – Nostalgia is powerful: you only have to look at the surging vinyl and cassette markets to understand the power of the “good ol’ days”. Soundfly has tips on how to infuse your sets and productions with yearning Read more
- Synthmulator Is A Free Modular Synth For VR – Always wanted to mess with modular synths but don’t have the budget for it? That’s what virtual reality is for Read more
Feel free to comment on any of the articles in the section below.