In this week’s Friday Five, we’re leading with a piece from Flypaper that explains why DAW-based music producers have become this generation’s de facto songwriters. We’ve also got pieces from Forbes, DIY Musician, DJ City and DJ Mag. Have a great weekend ahead!
- Why Producers Are The New Songwriters – It’s easier than ever to make your own tracks, and it’s never been cheaper to distribute and promote them too. Flypaper talks about why laptop bedroom producers have taken over Read more
- 9 Pivotal Moments In deadmau5’s DJ Career – Check out this exclusive interview with Forbes on events that have shaped the outspoken DJ/producer’s career Read more
- How To Get Away With Errors At A Gig – Here’s some advice that every gigging DJ would be wise to take. DIY Musician has it Read more
- Improve Your Beatmixing By Playing Older Music – If you’ve got your beatmixing down pat, try DJing with songs recorded by live musicians (eg disco) to help you fine-tune your beatmatching. DJ City has it Read more
- “Streaming Is The Dawn Of A New DJ Experience” – Beatport CEO Robb McDaniels waxes on the current music streaming landscape and why it’s the way forward for DJs. DJ Mag has it Read more
Feel free to comment on any of the articles in the section below.