In this week’s Friday Five, we’re leading with a piece from Mixmag that lists 20 of the biggest hip hop “diss” tracks from the 90s. We’ve also got pieces from The Guardian, Soundfly, BBC and Music Business World. Have a great weekend ahead!
- 20 Classic 90s Hip Hop Tracks You Should Know – Check out some of the most brutal hip hop “diss” tracks from the golden age of hip hop up until the late 90s. Mixmag has it Read more
- This 78-Year-Old “DJ” Is Going On His First Live Tour – Legendary music producer Giorgio Moroder is heading out of the studio and performing his greatest hits from the disco era and beyond just before he turns 80. The Guardian has it Read more
- 5 Tips For Smoother DAW Sessions – There’s nothing worse than experiencing the “tyranny of the blank page”, or in this case, an empty DAW screen. These tips from Soundfly will help you get past producer’s block Read more
- How This Deaf DJ Mixes – House music is a feeling: check out how this deaf DJ is able to spin with precision. BBC has it Watch it
- Why Non-English Music Is Taking Over – There are more huge pop hits now that aren’t in English than ever before. Why is that? Music Business World investigates Read more
Feel free to comment on any of the articles in the section below.