In this week’s Friday Five, we’re leading with a piece from Mixmag on the delicate art of balancing relationships, family and DJing. We’ve also got pieces from Vice, Resident Advisor, BBC News and Red Bull Music Academy. Have a great weekend ahead!
- How To Maintain A Relationship While On Tour – Mixmag dishes some solid advice on staying together while you’re out busy touring and gigging on weekends. Also applies to DJ couples Read more
- How “Ageism” Affects Clubbing – In today’s inclusive clubbing landscape, why is it considered weird to be the “old dude at the club”? And why should anyone care how old someone is at a rave anyway? Vice explores Read more
- The Art Of DJing: Avalon Emerson – The rising techno DJ/producer gets cosy with Resident Advisor and shares some secrets that help shape her DJ sets Read more
- Raving While Gaming Is A Thing – Marshmello just performed in front of millions of fans in, get this, a video game. You read that right – check out this BBC feature that has a clip of the set Read more
- The Evolution Of The Hip-Hop DJ – Roc Raida, part of the highly influential X-Ecutioners crew, talks about DJ battles, turntablism techniques and how he prepares for a showcase. Red Bull Music Academy has it Read more
Feel free to comment on any of the articles in the section below.