In this week’s Friday Five, we’re leading with a piece from DJ Mag that explores the niche resurgence of vinyl-only DJ sets and whether or not vinyl-only culture helps push dance music culture forward. We’ve also got pieces from Metro, Decoded Magazine, Boing Boing and Music Radar. Have a great weekend ahead!
- Is Vinyl-Only Culture Good Or Bad For Dance Music? – Records are great for waxing nostalgic (ahem) but is it breeding a culture of elitism in DJing? DJ Mag investigates Read more
- Why DJing Is Fatboy Slim’s Fountain Of Youth – Norman Cook is now 55 years old, but when he’s behind the decks it seems like he’s best mates with the millennials who flock to his shows. What’s the secret to his energy and enthusiasm after all these years? Metro has it Read more
- Sorry, Dads: Kids Like Mom’s Music More – A fascinating new study reveals that a child’s music taste can be shaped by his or her parents, but there is a catch. Decoded Magazine has the (painful) truth Read more
- 9 Ways To Work Smarter In Your Studio – This piece from Music Radar shares tips on how to optimise and make your home music production sessions flow smoothly Read more
- The Ultimate Analogue Set-Up For Vinyl Purists? – Check out this old skool DJ with a set-up that makes even classic 1200s look cutting edge. Boing Boing has it Read more
Feel free to let us know your thoughts in the comments below.