In this week’s Friday Five, we’re leading with a piece from BuzzFeed News that proves you don’t need to be young to make modern music, and that it’s never too late to start. We’ve also got pieces from The New York Times, BuzzFeed News, Digital Music News and Attack Magazine. Have a great weekend ahead!
- This 72-Year-Old Taught Himself To Make Beats – It’s never too late to get started making music: Check out this piece from BuzzFeed News on an unlikely producer making fire beats Read more
- Is It Still OK To Play Michael Jackson’s Songs? – Can you separate the art from the artist? This Hollywood DJ says you can’t, and appeals to other DJs to keep MJ out of their crates. Variety has it Read more
- 25 “Sad” Pop Songs That Reflect Our Times – Pop music today got you scratching your head? Here’s a crash course in what’s big right now and why “sad” has become the pop sound of 2019. The New York Times has it Read more
- Official: Music Streaming Is Taking Over – For the first time ever, online music streaming revenue in the UK has surpassed sales of both physical and downloaded music. Digital Music News has it Read more
- What Exactly Is A Modular Synth? – They look cool, but they sure look confusing. So what exactly does a modular synth do, and why would you want to use it? Attack Magazine has the piece Read more
Feel free to comment on any of the articles in the section below.