In this week’s Friday Five, we’re leading with a piece from Complex on how the process of music discovery has evolved in today’s streaming age and what you can do to improve your own discovery process. We’ve also got pieces from Mixmag, Music Radar, DJ Mag, and Electronic Beats. Have a great weekend ahead!
- How Music Discovery Works Today – In case you haven’t heard, we’ve moved past Tumblr blogs and forums. Check out how some of the best in the biz keep an ear to the ground to find out what’s hot. Complex has it Read more
- Top 50 Festivals Of 2019 – Summer’s right around the corner – check out DJ Mag’s list of the best festivals coming to an open field (or empty warehouse) near you Read more
- Jealous Of Other People’s Success? How To Handle It – We’ve all felt envious of our peers’ success at some point our careers as DJs and producers. Mixmag lists practical steps for keeping the green-eyed monster in check Read more
- Alok’s 5 Music Production Takeaways – Check out these five production truths from Brazilian big room producer Alok. Music Radar has it Read more
- Why Hitting The Gym Is Good For Your DJing – Despite memes making fun of “DJs these days” who lift instead of making music, this DJ/producer explains why staying fit is the edge you need if you want to play the long game. Electronic Beats has it Read more
Feel free to comment on any of the articles in the section below.