In this week’s Friday Five, we’re leading with a piece from Mixmag on why it thinks raving is never better than when everyone at the party is “in it” together: no superstars, just people having a blast collectively. We’ve also got pieces from Magnetic Magazine, The Guardian, Pi Studios, and DJ Techtools. Have a great weekend!
- The DJ Should Be One Part Of The Party, Not The Focus – Approaching your set as someone who is a crucial element of a party, but not the focus, takes a load of pressure off of you and can lead to a better DJing experience. Mixmag explains Read more
- How To Get Signed To A Label – Magnetic Magazine shares a talk conducted by Pointblank on how land a record label deal and pick up a management contract too Read more
- Humans & AI Can Make Strangely Beautiful Music Together – This experimental music producer is using AI as a member of her “orchestra”. The results are a glimpse of what humans and AI can achieve when working together – so no, robots won’t replace producers any time soon. The Guardian has it Read more
- 2 Forms Mobile DJs Need – Our pals at DJ Techtools explain why these two documents are an absolute must for pro and mobile DJs Read more
- I Was There When House Took Over – Check out this documentary by Pi Studios on the beginnings of house music as told through by Nile Rodgers, legendary New York DJ Nicky Siano, and more Watch it
Feel free to comment on any of these articles in the section below.