In this week’s Friday Five, we’ve got a piece from Soundfly with tips on how to juggle family life with life in the studio and on stage. We’ve also got pieces from Red Bull Music, DJ Mag, The New York Times and Electronic Beats. Have a great weekend ahead!
- How To Balance Being A Parent & A DJ/Producer – Soundfly shares some tips on how to maximise your time when working on your DJing and also some tricks that you can use to get your kids involved in your music production Read more
- 6 Sound Systems For Your DJ Bucketlist – Red Bull Music lists a handful of clubs across Europe with the greatest, clearest and biggest sound systems that you’ll encounter as both a clubber and a DJ Read more
- Raving Is For Everyone, Not Just For Young Folk – Yes, even ageism affects the progressively inclusive space of dance music. DJ Mag reports Read more
- Why Peggy Gou Is The Blueprint For Today’s Superstar DJ – Jumping up and down in front of a gargantuan LED wall of the EDM era has now been replaced by eclectic selections, pristine multi-format mixing and sets dripping with pensive substance. Peggy Gou is part of a new breed of superstar DJ, and The New York Times explores what she’s all about Read more
- History Of The DJ Edit – Edits were born out of a need for DJs to play longer, different versions of songs. These disco re-edit services led to the evolution of DJ record pools as we know them today. Find out more in this piece by Electronic Music Read more
Share your thoughts with us in the section below.