In this week’s Friday Five, we’re leading with a piece from Mixmag that deals with what happens if and when you decide that it’s time to quit DJing (say it ain’t so!). We’ve also got pieces from The Verge, Reddit and Decoded Magazine. Have a good weekend ahead!
- What Happens When The Music Stops? – Whether you decide to cut down significantly on gigging or you want to slow down and quit DJing for good at some point, here’s an article from Mixmag that can help you think and plan ahead Read more
- “I Played In Berghain For The First Time” – Not everyone gets to go inside Berghain. Even fewer get to rock its hallowed concrete halls. So for those curious as to what it’s like to get behind the decks at the techno mecca, here’s an extremely detailed account by DJ Lag Read more
- What It’s Like DJing Inside A Giant LED Sphere – Visionary DJ/producer Eric Prydz is known for pushing the envelope in both his music and in his stage visuals, and his upcoming show will unveil his most epic stage set-up yet. Get a peek inside courtesy of The Verge Read more
- The Secrets To Running A Successful Record Label – Chris Smith is the founder of Om Records, home to legendary deep house releases from Groove Armada, Kaskade, Miguel Migs, Mark Farina, Andy Caldwell, and so much more. The names alone should be enough reason for you to read this piece if you’ve ever thought of putting up your own label. Decoded Magazine has it Read more
- How Richie Hawtin Continues To Redefine Electronic Music – Few have taken more musical and technical risks in dance music than Richie Hawtin, a constant re-inventor who, three decades into his career, shows no signs of slowing down. Mixmag explores his legacy and what lies ahead Read more
Feel free to comment on any of the articles in the section below.