In this week’s Friday Five, we’re leading with a piece from BBC Radio 6 Music on what it thinks are the most influential dance music songs in in recent history. We’ve also got pieces from Soundfly, Native Instruments, Resident Advisor and Vice. Have a great weekend ahead!
- 30 Tracks That Shaped Dance Music Today – From an 808 State classic to Itgehane, BBC Radio 6 Music gives a rundown of 30 tracks from the last 30 years that have helped define the sound of contemporary electronic dance music Read more
- What Does It Mean To Be Successful? – The concept of “success” in the music industry can mean different things to different people. This piece from Soundfly helps you arrive at your own definition Read more
- How & When To Find A Booking Agent – If you want to take your DJ career to the next level and bag gigs outside your hometown, you may want to considering working with an agent. Native Instruments explains the benefits Read more
- Do DJ/Producers Make Money From Streaming? – Resident Advisor takes a long hard look at the economies of music streaming and how this new method of consumption is affecting artists’ bottom lines Read more
- This Club Exists Only Online – A DJ/producer collective based in Manila, Philippines developed a concept club with near-endless hallways and dozens of rooms. The only catch, of course, is that you’ve got to be logged onto Minecraft. Vice has it Read more
Feel free to comment on any of the articles in the section below.