In this week’s Friday Five, we’re leading with a piece from Flypaper that shows you how to come up with a compelling DJ backstory so you can stand out. We’ve also got pieces from DJ Mag, The Guardian, Resident Advisor and Forbes. Have a great weekend ahead!
- How To Tell Your DJ Story – Everyone loves a good story: it’s one thing that can set you apart and make you “sticky” in the minds of fans and clubbers. Flypaper gives writing prompts for you to come up with your own narrative Read more
- The Art Of DJing: Tijana T – The long-running Serbian DJ shares her playlisting tips as well as techniques for deftly blending cuts that have seemingly opposing moods to come up with a dancefloor heater. Resident Advisor has it Read more
- Techno Can Be Good For Your Mental Health – Hard-hitting 130BPM industrial techno may not be the cheeriest of music choices, but there’s something about the raw, visceral nature of techno that can be a mood booster too. The Guardian has it Read more
- Seth Troxler’s All Grown Up – The outspoken purveyor of Chicago house and techno talks about why dance culture is so important and why we need to keep pushing things forward in dance music. DJ Mag has it Read more
- The Hottest Club Right Now Doesn’t Even Exist – Wondering why all the kids are desperately trying to “dance behind the DJ booth” all week? Forbes has the answer Read more
Feel free to comment on any of the articles in the section below.