In this week’s Friday Five, we’re leading with a piece from The Guardian where it ranks what it thinks are the top albums over the past 20 years. We’ve also got pieces from Mixmag, DIY Musician, and DJ Mag. Have a great weekend ahead!
- 100 Best Albums Of The 21st Century – The Guardian rounds up what it thinks are the biggest and most influential LPs over the past 20 years Read more
- How 1984 Changed Dance Music Forever – From “post punk” and new wave to Madonna and the first ever superstar DJ/producer, read on to find out how the year was pivotal for dance and club culture. Mixmag has it Read more
- How DJs Can Help Producers Cash In – Music producers lose out on millions of dollars worth of royalties every single year, and making a living is crucial to keep the music flowing which in turns gives us DJs more tunes to spin. Here’s how DJs can help – DJ Mag has it Read more
- How To Write A Killer DJ Bio – Every DJ needs to write an “About Me” whether for a press kit or a social media account. Here’s how not to write a cringe-worthy one care of DIY Musician Read more
- The Life & Times Of Moodyman – Check out this documentary on one of Detroit’s biggest names in dance music courtesy of Mixmag Watch it
Feel free to comment on any of the articles in the section below.