In this week’s Friday Five, we’re leading with a piece from Mixmag that outlines what’s coming in club culture in the 2020s (only three months left in the decade folks!). We’ve also got pieces from Complex, Music Radar and DJ Mag. Have a great weekend ahead!
- 10 Dance Music Trends For The Next Decade – Ibiza is dance music paradise, and what’s big there has true global impact. Mixmag lists 10 shifts that are happening on the White Isle and why we should expect some of them in our own cities in the next decade Read more
- The Best Music Documentaries On Netflix – Want to Netflix and chill this weekend, but make it music-related? Look no further – Complex has the shortlist Read more
- Tuxedo: 5 Things We Learned About Music Production – The acclaimed r&b production duo shares five succinct tips that apply to all genres of music. Music Radar has it Read more
- How To Be A Timeless DJ – DJ Harvey is the DJ’s DJ. He cherry picks tunes and plays them at the right time. His sets are so infamous that record stores have shelves dedicated to DJ Harvey playlists. How does he do it? Mixmag has the exclusive interview Read more
- 10 Most Shazamed Tracks In Ibiza – In contrast to the DJ Harvey article (his sets contain very few shazamable tunes) here are 10 of the most popular tunes from this past summer according to Mixmag Read more
Feel free to comment on any of the articles below.