In this week’s Friday Five, we’re leading with a documentary feature by Pioneer DJ on how social media has made a huge impact on clubbing and DJing, and whether or not the effects are good or bad for the future of the culture. We’ve also got pieces from DJ Mag, NME, and Flypaper. Have a great weekend ahead!
- Is Social Media Ruining DJing? – Are phones on the dancefloor and in the booth helping or hurting DJing? Pioneer DJ just published a documentary filled with views on both sides of the argument Watch it
- The Rise Of Bandcamp – For DJ/producers and music makers who want a true DIY platform to sell their music instead of selling Spotify streams, Bandcamp has been the go-to for years. DJ Mag has it Read more
- Fatboy Slim Feat. Greta Thunberg? – The environmental activist who grabbed the world’s attention now has a huge club hit (sort of) thanks to Norman Cook. NME has it Read more
- How To Start Booking Your Own Local Shows – Ready to gig out but don’t know where to start? This guide by Flypaper could be your ticket to playing your first set of shows Read more
- Derrick May: How I Play Live – The techno don gives a rare talkthrough about how he performs his music live with an orchestra. DJ Mag has it Watch it
Feel free to comment on any of the articles in the section below.