In this week’s Friday Five, we’re leading with a list of 200 influential pop hits from the past decade according to Stereogum. We’ve also got pieces from DJ Mag, Mixmag, Jeff Mills and Resident Advisor. Have a great weekend ahead!
- 200 Essential Hits From The 2010s – Stereogum says that these tracks are the best pop and dance songs from the last 10 years. Check it out and top up those crates Read more
- Why I Sold My 13,000-Piece Vinyl Collection – This vinyl DJ finally decided that digital is the way forward and unloaded his entire collection, save for a few set pieces. Read his story on Mixmag Read more
- Alternative Top 100 DJs Unveiled – DJ Mag’s Top 100 DJs winners have been released (Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike are at the top spot) and along with them are the results for the “underground” side of the poll. DJ Mag has it Read more
- Jeff Mills On Dance Music Today – The techno don and legendary innovator speaks his mind on what electronic music means today, as well as the unchanging dichotomy between artistry and industry on his blog Read more
- The Art Of Production: Surgeon – Recognised as one of the most prolific and venerable industrial techno artists, Surgeon talks music production and runs through his live performance set-up in this piece by Resident Advisor Read more
Feel free to comment on any of the articles in the section below.