In this week’s Friday Five, we’re leading with a piece from Pitchfork that details the meteoric rise of Electronic Dance Music in the past decade and how it conquered the airwaves in the US. We’ve also got pieces from Mixmag, DIY Musician, Resident Advisor and DJ Techtools. Have a great weekend ahead!
- How EDM Ruled The 2010s – From Steve Aoki and Skrillex to Martin Garrix and even Justin Bieber, here’s how EDM defined a generation of festival goers (for better or worse!). Pitchfork has it Read more
- Less Standing, More Dancing! – Mixmag shares its thoughts on the modern phenomenon of clubbers “staring at phones and the DJ” instead of busting moves and throwing shapes Read more
- The Art Of Production: Maya Jane Coles – One of the most prolific and in-demand artists in this current crop of DJ/producers, Maya Jane Coles explains her workflow and creative process that lets her pump out quality tunes quickly. Resident Advisor has it Read more
- How To Make Money From Your Music – DIY Musician has listed all the ways you can make money from your productions in one handy piece Read more
- How Phrasing Can Make Or Break A DJ Mix – DJ Techtools shares some tips on beatmixing and why matching phrases and dropping on the “one beat” are essential to clean mixes Read more
Feel free to comment on any of the articles in the section below.