In this week’s Friday Five, we’re leading with a huge archive of workshops and keynotes from the esteemed Red Bull Music Academy. We’ve also got pieces from Resident Advisor, Glimpse Collective, DIY Musician and Billboard. Have a great weekend ahead!
- Peep All Of Red Bull Music Academy’s Content For Free – You can now access 20 years’ worth of lectures, knowledge and tutorials from the Red Bull Music Academy at its website Read more
- How Dance Music Can Help Fix The World – Dance culture isn’t about hedonism and excess anymore: it’s increasingly about being conscious about the world we live in too, says Glimpse Collective Read more
- The Art Of Production: Floating Points – The prolific, multi-faceted DJ/producer and composer shares his thinking behind his unique creative process and how he comes up with floorfillers that are as body shaking as they are contemplative. Resident Advisor has it Read more
- How To Get More Fans On Spotify – Getting your track on playlists is cool, but the tried and tested way to grow your music career is to serve your audience. This piece by DIY Musician explains how to do it on Spotify Read more
- Darude’s Sandstorm At 20 – While it wasn’t a mega success when it came out, Sandstorm is now one of the most venerable memes in the world thanks to the internet. Hear what the producer has to say about its infamy, and also why he’s totally cool with it. Billboard has it Read more
Feel free to comment on any of the articles in the section below.