In this week’s Friday Five, we’ve got a piece from DJ Mag that takes a look at what it’s like to be a real working DJ travelling the globe and gigging city to city. We’ve also got pieces from Mixmag, Resident Advisor, and Rolling Stone. Have a great weekend ahead!
- What Life’s Like As An Underground Touring DJ – Think all DJs fly first class, pop champagne and live in suites while on tour? Think again: here’s what it’s really like to be a touring DJ, sans headliner status. DJ Mag has it Read more
- 22 Artists Who Shaped The 2010s – Mixmag says these visionary DJs, producers, rappers and artists had a massive influence on dance culture in the last 10 years. Do you agree? Read more
- The Art Of DJing: Craig Richards – The venerable resident DJ of London’s iconic Fabric club explains his thinking process and workflow behind the decks. Whether you’re a new school or oldskool DJ, there’s something in here for you. Resident Advisor has it Read more
- 20 Best DJ Mixes Of The Decade – As we wind 2019 to a close, Mixmag shares what it thinks are the most tasteful and influential mixtapes from the last 10 years Read more
- 50 Most Important Music Moments Of The Decade – Music has had a momentous past 10 years on both the artistic and technological sides. Rolling Stone picks the most crucial music industry events from 2010 to today Read more
Feel free to comment on any of the articles in the section below.