In this week’s Friday Five roundup of stories that have caught our interest around the web, news of parties being cancelled thanks to the coronavirus outbreak, more bad news for touring DJs thanks to Brexit, a bizarre vinyl cutting machine, and a DJ/producer who spins without the use of his right arm. That and more below…
- Coronavirus Causes Mass Cancellation Of Festivals & Parties – We suspect we may be seeing quite a lot more of this over the coming months… RA has it Read more
- Kickstarter: Phonocut Home Vinyl Recorder – Ever wanted to make your own records, burn that digital file to vinyl, or make a record of your own production? Phonocut has been made for you… Find out more
- EU DJs & Musicians Will Need A Visa To Perform In UK From 2021 – …and it’s going to cost £244, and will need renewing at least every 2 years. Mixmag has more details Find out more
- These Are The DJs Who Played The Most Festivals In 2019 – Festicket has shared its festival analytics for 2019, including the DJs who played the most festivals last year, and DJ Mag shares the results Find out more
- DJ Born Without A Lower Arm Can Play Music With His Mind – He seems more of a producer than a DJ from where we’re standing, but this is still an amazing story, reported in The Daily Mail Find out more
That’s all for this week – see you next time!