Dance music book recommendations from Mixmag, some fascinating analysis of the hit songs of 2019, a vinyl DJ tips PDF from Octo Octa & Eris Drew, and more to keep you occupied if you’ve suddenly found yourself grounded… it’s all in our weekly Friday Five roundup.
- 23 Dance Music Books for Your Lockdown – According to Mixmag, anyway (although they somehow missed ours…). Lots here to keep you occupied. assuming you haven’t got too much else on right now… Go to the list
- Hit Songs Deconstructed – The State Of The Hot 100 Top 10 In 2019 Fascinating reading for DJs who want to get under the skin of where pop music is going (which should be you, by the way) Read more
- Octo Octa & Eris Drew’s Hot ‘n’ Ready DJ Tips – Vinyl DJ duo offer tips and tricks for preparing for and playing gigs – it’s a cool read, and a free download Click to download
- Amazon Pauses Vinyl, CD & Music Merch Orders – The company is prioritising medical supplies and household staples as demand sky-rockets, reports by Music Business Worldwide Read more
- Ableton’s New Anti-Quantise Tool Gives Producers Groove – FlexGroove is a Max For Live device that is designed to ‘push and pull’ Midi off the usual rigid quantised grid, reports DJ Mag Read more
Stay safe people!