Assistant Managing Editor
Digital DJ Tips, the world’s leading website and online training school for DJs, is looking for an Assistant Managing Editor to join its growing team.
This is a full-time position. Although we are headquartered in Gibraltar, our team is worldwide – so you can be anywhere in the world, as long as your usual eight-hour working day has at least a four-hour overlap with the hours of 8am to 4pm GMT.
- Working with the Managing Editor and other editorial team members to hit traffic targets for the Digital DJ Tips blog through conceiving, planning, writing and publishing daily editorial throughput to a high standard, including news items, articles, features, reviews, interviews and regulars
- Sub-editing editorial, including sourcing pictures/graphics, writing headlines/captions, fact-checking and rewriting as required
- Managing the editorial calendar
- Filming, editing and publishing video reviews to accompany written reviews
- Preparing and sending editorial emails to our members
- Nurturing and managing contributors, and finding talented new contributors to help grow the blog
- Working closely with managers of other departments to incorporate their editorial requirements into the editorial calendar
- Attending DJ shows as both a reporter and video reporter
Requirements for the role:
- Deep passion for and expertise in music, DJing and DJ/producing, and a proven ability to write well about these subjects
- Experience in running a commercial, high-traffic, content-driven blog
- An ability to both write and manage the writing of online articles day-in, day-out
- Comfortable in front of camera – you’ll be expected to produce video material as well as written work
- Online sub-editing experience
- An ability to “extract the story” from PR and other news and to reframe such material to bring forward the interests of our readers
- A willingness to do everything possible to ensure we bring breaking DJ news to our audience faster and better than any other websites do
- Comfortable with and experienced in working remotely and independently
US$30,000 upwards depending on experience.
Please send your CV as an email attachment with your covering letter as the email body, subject “Managing Editor position”, addressed for the attention of Steve Canueto, to firstname.lastname@example.org.