Traffic & Data Marketing Assistant
Digital DJ Tips, the world’s leading website and online training school for DJs, is looking for a Traffic & Data Marketing Assistant.
Although we are headquartered in Gibraltar, our team and students are worldwide – so you too can be anywhere in the world, as long as your usual working hours have at least a reasonable overlap with our HQ hours of 8am to 4pm GMT.
With a bachelor’s degree in IT, computer science or similar, you will be a hybrid of marketer and coder, someone who looks at the traditional question of, “How do I get customers for my company’s product?” and answers with SEO, SEM, A/B tests, landing pages, viral factor, email deliverability, Open Graph, marketing optimisation and so on. (Some organisations call this role a “growth hacker”.)
Very important: It is this mixture of creative marketing thinking and technical ability that will be key to your success in this role.
As you will be working side by side with an experienced Internet marketer who has already built a seven-figure marketing department, this is not a “big ideas” role: rather, your job will be coding and technical, executing and optimising offers, customer journeys and so on. You will therefore need hands-on experience in the areas mentioned below, and will thrive behind a screen making these ideas happen for your team.
Of course, you will have a deep interest in DJing, music and music technology, have excellent written and spoken English, and exhibit a forward-looking, bold, enthusiastic and urgent attitude to work (and life!)
Services & responsibilities include:
- Working with our Head of Marketing and Head of Content to optimise traffic to our website through SEO/SEM and from Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and others
- Building and managing all optin pages, landing pages and follow up sequences, using split testing and analytics to maximise conversions
- Maximising email deliverability, conversion and effective segmentation
- Managing all paid traffic campaigns, hitting positive ROI targets
- Using segmentation data to plan and execute retargeting campaigns, converting visitors into subscribers and initial customers
- Analysing performance keeping CPA and LCV in balance, understanding what the metrics are telling you and being able to learn, adapt, and expand accordingly
- Assisting in the creation, writing and masterminding of new text, image, and video ads using the tools and content we provide and any other tools you are used to that you can bring to the table
- Brainstorming new ad ideas, hooks, angles, copy, strategies…
Specific requirements for the role:
- Experience working with the Infusionsoft CRM system (campaign building/automation, email list segmentation, building great-looking and great-peforming emails, user behaviour tracking and lead scoring)
- Experience in planning and building entire end-to-end customer journey systems (funnels), including the production of high-converting landing pages in Clickfunnels and similar tools, including WordPress
- Working knowledge of the tools and best practices for connecting with audiences via “non-email” messaging channels (such as Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, iMessage)
- A deep knowledge of Google Analytics, and its use in both customer segmentation and SEO planning and iteration
- Knowledge of the current best practices and strategies in Google AdWords, Facebook Ads Manager and other key ad platforms
- Ability to manage lead generation tools such as Intercom and Optin Monster
- Knowledge of the Zapier automation tool
Remuneration & benefits
We will remunerate US$30-US$35k in year one depending on experience. You will work as an independent contractor submitting a services invoice monthly, and we will expect 40 hours a week from you.
Additionally you’ll have access to our extensive DJ course library worth several thousands a year, we’ll invest in training and development to enhance your skills during your time with us, and you’ll be invited to our all-expenses-paid annual company retreat.
This is going to be a life-changing experience for the right person, with a growing company is a great industry.
What to do next
Feel like you’re a good candidate? Please email your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com with the subject “Traffic and Data Marketing Assistant”.
Only if you feel comfortable doing this, feel free to send us a screencast talking us through some of the project you’ve worked on – 3 to 5 minutes max.
Candidates who are successful will then be invited to the next stage of application, which typically involves a trial task followed by a formal interview and if possible a visit to Digital DJ Tips HQ.