What you'll learn
- In Step 1, The Gear, you learn how DJ gear and software work, from $200 entry-level controllers to standalone systems and pro gear, covering all the major hardware and software including Pioneer DJ, Serato, Traktor, Denon DJ, Roland, Reloop, Virtual DJ, Numark, Technics, Rekordbox…
- The best DJs can play on any gear- you’ll learn four things you need to know so you can play on ANY set-up too. This will also help you to avoid making expensive mistakes when starting out or updating your gear
- Step 2 is The Music. Here’s a BIG myth: Some people will tell you that you need a huge record collection to DJ with. Not only are they wrong, it turns out that’s actually the LAST thing you need – and if you believe this, you’re holding yourself back
- Discover, shortlist, organise and prepare your library so you can always get your hands on exactly the right track to play next, at any DJ gig
- Step 3, DJing Techniques, is a big one! Here you’ll learn the timeless techniques that all good DJs need to know whatever their gear. Many DJs neglect these – but without them, you’ll never progress.You’ll master music structure, counting & timing, jogwheel control, mixer skills and manual beatmixing
- Grasp the features and tricks of the latest digital systems – think the most up-to-date info on cues, loops, FX, key sync, live remixing, tone play and so on, including cutting edge ways to effortlessly switch between genres and BPMs in your mixing
- You’ll then learn real-world DJing tactics to get you through any kind of modern DJ set, from clubs and lounges to festivals, parties, weddings and more, and in a whole range of musical styles including house, hip hop, trap, pop and “open format”
- The Playing Out module shows you what to expect in venues nowadays, how to set up, how to read a crowd, how to deal with requests, how to fill dancefloors (and keep them full) – and gives you the one secret that ensures promoters and venue owners will remember you and want to book YOU again, not some other DJ
- You’ll get tips on confidence and conquering nerves – very real obstacles for many DJs – so you can enjoy your DJ sets and do the best job
- In Step 5, Promoting Yourself, you’ll get the “joined up” formula to succeeding in today’s online world. (It is possible to get the gigs you want AND be true to your art and yourself.)
If you want to learn from big names like DJ Jazzy Jeff, James Hype, Laidback Luke, DJ ANGELO, who are proven at their game, this is the school for you.
We offer 12 month money-back guarantee on all of our courses - All our training comes with our cast-iron, no questions, 12 month money-back guarantee - the risk is all ours.
Every course includes a live “remote classroom” element - spend a minimum of an hour each month with your tutors, where you can ask any questions.
Our courses are delivered in full HD on-demand videos, yours for life and are viewable on any device, so you can learn from anywhere.
Multiple camera angles, on-screen annotations, step-by-step explanations, make the training easy to follow and fun! Plus resources to further lock in your learning.