Last updated 4 April, 2019
In this week’s Friday Five we’re leading with a piece from the BBC that lists 30 essential tracks that have influenced contemporary club and dance music. We’ve also got articles from Mixmag, Music Radar, The Guardian and Defected. Have a good weekend ahead!
- 30 Songs That Have Shaped Dance Music Today – Check out these tracks released over the last three decades that the BBC thinks have influenced and altered the course of electronic dance music as we know it Read the article
- Sabotaging The Next DJ Is Never OK – Unless you’re in a DJ battle like Red Bull 3Style or the DMC Championships, DJing is not a competition: no one gets a trophy for “most packed dancefloor”. We’re all in this together – Mixmag explains why wrecking the sets of other DJs in a line-up is not cool Read the article
- 5 Music Production Takeaways – DJ/producer Kaz James shares his key learnings throughout his prolific career. Music Radar has it Read the article
- Will CDs Ever Experience A Resurgence? – First it was vinyl, and now it’s the cassette. It seems like physical media are having their time in the limelight, but will CDs ever be as beloved as these analogue formats? The Guardian explores Read the article
- 17 Finest House Music Samples – You’ve heard most of the songs at least once, now find out which old hits they sampled. Defected has it Read the article
Comment on any of the articles in the section below.