Last updated 3 April, 2019
In this week’s Friday Five, we’re leading with a piece from DIY Musician that busts myths about going “full-time” as being the only true path to DJ/producer success. We’ve also got pieces from Beatport, Music Radar, Artist Development & Production, and Lee Burridge. Have a great weekend ahead!
- 5 Myths About Being A Producer With A Day Job – DIY Musician busts these five success and career misconceptions about being a musician who is employed Read more
- Beatport’s Best-Selling Tracks Of 2018 Revealed – Check out the most popular dance songs across 24 genres in this compilation of lists by Beatport Read more
- 10 Limitations That Will Make You More Creative – Creativity doesn’t come from options, it comes from restrictions. Check out these simple tips for restricting your production process from Music Radar Read more
- 9 Ways To Make Loops Your Own – We’re big fans of using loops and samples in our productions. Here’s how to customise them to fit your own musical style. Music Radar has it Read more
- DJ Guest List Etiquette 101 – Do you get pestered for guest list places whenever you have a gig? Veteran DJ Lee Burridge has some advice for you Read more
What was your favourite song from 2018? Do punters bug you for guest list spots whenever you have shows? Comment on any of the articles above in the section below.