Last updated 2 April, 2019
In this week’s Friday Five, we’re leading with a piece from DJ Mag that calls on DJs to put a stop to controller snobbery in clubs. We’ve also got pieces from Mixmag, BBC, NME and DIY Musician. Have a great weekend ahead!
- DJ “Controller Shaming” Has Got To End – There are still those who look down on DJs who gig with their controllers, never mind that some of these controllers are even more advanced than club media players. DJ Mag has it Read more
- Are Marathon Sets Keeping New DJs Out Of Line-Ups? – There’s been an uptick in longer DJ sets these past few years, a growing trend in response to the 45-minute festival performances rampant during EDM’s heyday. But are longer sets preventing new DJs from bagging slots? Mixmag explores Read more
- This Special Needs School Teaches DJing – DJG gives these kids with disabilities an outlet for creative expression by teaching them how to DJ. BBC has it Read more
- Why You Need A DJ Marketing Plan – If you want to build your name as a DJ and get gigs, you need to start thinking of yourself as an entrepreneur with a plan to get you to your goals. Here’s how to get started on yours courtesy of DIY Musician Read more
- 30 Ways The Internet Changed Music Forever – From peer-to-peer file sharing and MySpace to memes and Shazaming, NME rounds up the biggest ways that the internet revolutionised music Read more
Feel free to comment on any of the articles in the section below.