Last updated 10 February, 2020
In this week’s Friday Five, we’re leading with a piece from DJ Mag on how technological advancements have affected DJing over the past 10 years. We’ve also got pieces from Mixmag, The Guardian, DIY Musician and Electronic Beats. Have a great weekend ahead!
- How A Decade Of Tech Changed The Art Of DJing – The advent of digital and near-universal internet access to music has democratised DJing, but what are the implications? Is all this progress good for the artform, or are we losing touch with what it means to DJ? DJ Mag explores in this insightful long read Read more
- Do Politics & DJing Blend Well Together? – Think politics and social issues don’t have a place on club dancefloors? Think DJ activism is a waste of time? This article from Mixmag might change your mind Read more
- Why Illegal Raves Are Flourishing – Kids in the UK are once again throwing unlicensed parties in empty warehouses, open fields, and even Scottish wind farms. If you’re not familiar with 80s acid and rave culture, you’ll want to check this out. The Guardian has it Read more
- 10 Ways To Grow Your TikTok Following – It’s the newest social media platform on the block, and if you’re looking to build an audience on it you’ll want to check out these tips first. DIY Musician has it Read more
- How To Develop Your Own Sound – Electronic Beats has some suggestions on finding and honing “your sound” which can help set you apart from all the other DJ/producers Read more