In this week’s Friday Five, we’re leading with a piece from The Guardian that takes a look at the impact vinyl production has on the environment. We’ve also got pieces from Mixmag, DJ Mag, and Soundfly. Have a great weekend ahead!
- Nightmares On Wax: Is Vinyl Bad For The Planet? – We all know it takes a lot of time, money, and energy to produce vinyl (especially compared to streaming and digital formats) but what kind of impact is it having on our planet? The Guardian investigates Read more
- Why You Shouldn’t Work For Free – Getting “paid” in exposure is fine in some cases (like for charity events) but try to set boundaries if you want to take your DJing or music making further. DJ Mag has it Read more
- Should We Pay To Listen To Mixes Online? – The mixtape has always been a cool part of DJ culture, but has its value diminished in today’s “free” streaming age? Mixmag explores Read more
- How To Clear A Music Sample – If you produce beats with music sampled from old records, cassettes or even on YouTube, you’ll want to check out this piece from Soundfly Read more
- Bakermat: 5 Things I’ve Learned About Production – The Dutch DJ/producer shares his tips on getting ideas out of your head and into your DAW. Music Radar has it Read more