Ultra Music Festival and Tomorrowland Winter are two more notable big festival casualties of the Coronvirus outbreak (not to mention our beloved Gibraltar Music Festival here in Digital DJ Tips’s homeland). This story and more in our Friday Five roundup of items that have caught our eye around the internet this week.
- Ultra Music Festival Suspended Over Coronavirus Outbreak – Ultra Music Festival, the annual electronic and dance music blowout in Miami, was officially postponed Friday, reports Rolling Stone Read more
- What Will DJing Look Like In 10 Years? – We love these predictions (we’re partial to one or two ourselves), so here’s the latest one, from Attack Magazine Read more
- How Free Parties Are Shaping The Next Generation Of UK Ravers – For those of us old enough to remember the free parties of the late 80s and early 90s, good to see some things never change… DJ Mag has it Read more
- The Enduring Appeal Of Ultra Repetitive Music – Resident Advisor goes in search of just what it is that means “repetitive beats” (there’s a phrase straight out of the UK government’s anti-rave legislation) have such a timeless appeal. Read more
- David Morales: “Back at The Start…” – David Morales reminisces about what is really important in dance music, and concludes that actually, little has changed… From Music Radar Read more
Hope you enjoy this round-up of news, and we’ll see you next week for more! Have a great weekend.