In this week’s Friday Roundup, we’ve found an editorial on the struggles (and victories!) of wedding DJs, the latest list of Forbes’ “30 Under 30” in music, and a look at mobile businesses as a way for teens to get into the world of DJing. It’s all here in our muster of DJ news from around the web!
- The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Wedding DJ – Is it worth being a faceless “jukebox” on someone else’s special day? This piece from THUMP looks into the life, trials, and eventual triumphs of the modern wedding DJ Read more
- Forbes’ 30 Under 30 In Music – Did you favourite DJs make it to this list? Check out the rundown from Forbes Read more
- Mobile DJing: The Teen’s Gateway – Under 18 and itching to get a club gig but can’t? How about setting up a mobile DJ business so you can rock shows with your own soundsystem, regardless of venue and age limits? DJ Techtools has a great primer on doing just that Read more
- Learn Cue Points & Quantising In Serato DJ – The Serato blog breaks down the basics of using quantise in Serato DJ for triggering cues that “snap to grid” Read more
- Build Your DJ Brand: 8 Steps – You may be the greatest DJ that no one’s ever heard of, but that’s all you’ll ever be unless you get to grab ears. Draw more attention to you and your DJ brand with this guide from Hypebot Read more
- Interview With Nicky Romero’s Manager, Sander Landsaat – Meet the man behind the scenes and central to the success of globetrotting DJ and producer Nicky Romero. JustGo has it Read more
- 6 Resolutions This Year For Musicians – It’s the start of the new year, have you been sticking to those resolutions? If you need more, nick some from this piece by Hypebot Read more
Want to comment on any of these articles? Got your own wedding gig stories to share? Feel free to do so in the comments below.