In this week’s Friday Roundup, we’ve got one DJ legend’s opinion on why the closure of nightclubs and millennials’ aversion towards clubbing aren’t signs of the end for UK nightlife. We’ve also got a peek at what’s in store for SoundCloud, and a music copyright primer we could all use. All that and more in our weekly roundup of DJ news from around the web. Have a great weekend!
- The Beat Goes On: Why Clubbing In Britain Isn’t Over – Dave Haslam of Haçienda fame explains why, despite sensational reports of clubs closing and millennials turning to Tinder and Netflix, dancing to music and UK nightlife are far from dead. The Guardian has it Read more
- Do Millennials Still Go Clubbing? – Here’s what prompted the piece written by Dave Haslam. Learn what millennials’ gripes are with traditional clubbing. It’s over at The Guardian, too Read more
- Is This Actually “The Best Dance Album in the World… Ever”? – Thump singles out every track on one of the most popular pop dance music compilations of all time. How many of these tunes are already in your library (be honest!)? Read more
- What’s SoundCloud’s Next Move? – Having inked a long soughtafter deal with Sony, here’s what DJs can expect from SoundCloud’s upcoming paid streaming service. Billboard has it Read more
- This Is Life After EDM – Get clued in on what’s next for the post-EDM dance market, and how “big room” DJs can stay relevant past the champagne and confetti cannons. The Miami Herald has the piece Read more
- Spotify-Powered App Lets Guests DJ – CrowdDJ is an app that lets bar patrons vote on what songs should be played next. DJ Mag has it Read more
- The Thump Guide To Music Copyright – Learn the ins and outs of sampling and copyright in this detailed piece by Thump Read more
Feel free to comment on any of the articles above in the section below.