SoundCloud has been busy letting producers know how to ensure their tracks reach the widest audience possible on the platform. Here are some key takeaways:
- If you post on SoundCloud, the company advises, you should keep your artist and title descriptions clean and in the right format
- When posting images, you should ensure they’re hi-res and attractive, and use the online tools to get them looking just right
- It is important, says SoundCloud, to be consistent when adding information in descriptions
- Genre and sub-genre information should be accurate and you shouldn’t go overboard here, which will confuse SoundCloud’s algorithms
- You should take the time to build a proper SoundCloud discography, with EPs and albums clearly marked, helping your audiences to find your music chronologically
SoundCloud also points out that it is possible to make changes – update settings, tags, and artwork – on multiple tracks at once, and to create a new playlist from a selection of uploads. These automations can save a lot of time.
• Read the full list of SoundCloud recommended optimisations here.
Do you have any tips for getting your music noticed on SoundCloud? Let us know in the comments…