Home Forums DJing Software Video mixing

This topic contains 8 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Benny Mackney 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1000920

    Hello evryone, I’m an English teacher and amateur DJ in my sparetime. I DJ at parties, bars, and sometimes club nights. I use VDJ 7 pro and Numark Total Control. I think I’ve learnt to use my setup, pretty well, but now I want to start mixing videos, but I can’t get a video output independent from the software screen. Any help is wellcome.

    #1000950

    Attached: A superquick educational lesson in VDJing from DJ Benny M! 😎

    More on the visualiser plugin: It looks like a video effect, but basically takes over from the video when activated. By setting up a plugin in the video settings, you can mix from videos into audio without suddenly removing all visual entertainment. Have fun!

    Attached files

    #1000952

    Benny Mackney, post: 3276 wrote: Attached: A superquick educational lesson in VDJing from DJ Benny M! 😎

    More on the visualiser plugin: It looks like a video effect, but basically takes over from the video when activated. By setting up a plugin in the video settings, you can mix from videos into audio without suddenly removing all visual entertainment. Have fun!

    Thanx Benny, but where can I watch or download the video? I can’t find any link…

    #1000995

    What video? It was just the picture of the settings you need to set. The ones still covered by grey are up to you.

    Oh, I get it. “VDJ video” meant VDJ video settings, not an actual video. Sorry for the confusion 😛

    #1001002

    ok

    #3599

    Emma Partnow
    Member

    Vlamyr Rojas C, post: 3152 wrote: Hello evryone, I’m an English teacher and amateur DJ in my sparetime. I DJ at parties, bars, and sometimes club nights. I use VDJ 7 pro and Numark Total Control. I think I’ve learnt to use my setup, pretty well, but now I want to start mixing videos, but I can’t get a video output independent from the software screen. Any help is wellcome.

    I have no idea if this link will be Helpful to you Vlamyr; but give it a click and see;
    It gives you the opportunity to have One Screen on your Laptop; and another Screen on another Monitor; or even to Project that onto a Wall 🙂
    http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/products/gxm/dh2go/

    #3653

    You always show up with useful links out of nowhere =D I don’t think he’ll need one of those though, most laptops already have an extra output or two (mine has both VGA and HDMI).

    #3656

    Emma Partnow
    Member

    Benny Mackney, post: 3646 wrote: You always show up with useful links out of nowhere =D I don’t think he’ll need one of those though, most laptops already have an extra output or two (mine has both VGA and HDMI).

    Yes; it will Always mean using another Monitor Unfortunately (but then Vlamyr may have one – or he may have a Laptop like my Old One that only had one USB Port and an Internet Connection but Nothing Else :));

    #3676

    If it’s a reasonably new one he should be able to use the laptop’s screen and throw the videos up on the other monitor (which might actually be a projector or something like that).

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘DJing Software’ is closed to new topics and replies.