Age is a weird thing in clubland. When we were filming at Ministry of Sound the other month, the music was a “mature” genre (house) and several of the DJs were the “wrong” side of 50, yet the audience was predominantly teenage. On the other hand, where we’re based (Spain – Ibiza vibe, innit?) the only credential you need to go clubbing, any age, is whether you can stand the pace. And mobile DJs know you have to play for all generations, too.
So maybe it’s actually no surprise that glam mums and rave dads are donning their dancing shoes once the kids grow up and hitting the clubs (once again). That’s the subject of our lead story this week – enjoy, and keep at it, whatever your age!
- The Fastest Growing Group Of Jet-Setting Clubbers? Your Parents – Australia’s In The Mix reports on a new phenomenon out there in clubland. Would you like to bump into YOUR mum at a rave? Read more
- Top 5 Traktor Keyboard Shortcuts – I’m a sucker for keyboard shortcuts, and the only thing here is if you’ve not been using any of these, you may be kicking yourself you didn’t realise earlier! Thanks to Traktor Tips for this one Read more
- EDM’s Mainstream vs. The Underground: Time To End The Hate – Can’t we just all get on, asks Billboard Magazine? Sounds like a good plan to us Read more
- Rodents On Turntables – Our friends over at DJWorx have found a video that is exactly what it says. Bit of Friday fun for you! Read more
- 2 Powerful FX Chains for Easy Mix Transitions – DJTechTools shows you how to chain together three effects for subtle but effective FX-based mixing Read more
Want to comment on any of these stories? Spotted anything else of your own around the web you’d like to share with us? Please do so in the comments.