Digital DJing is an exciting new world for both new and established DJs. In the same way as digital photography revolutionised taking pictures, so digital DJ gear is revolutionising the art of DJing.
Whether you're a new DJ, a non-digital DJ who's returning to the art, or you're just ready to make the switch, Digital DJ Tips - founded in 2010 by DJ and best-selling author Phil Morse - is for you. If you want to perform in public using modern DJ gear - for profit or fun - we are here to help. Here's how we're set up to help you to fufil your needs:
- You need to be able to trust what you read - Ever get the feeling you're being sold to? As we're completely independent, with no affiliation with any manufacturers and no hardware of our own to sell, you can always believe what we say about hardware and software. It's your money your spending, so we believe the most important thing is to tell it exactly as it is
- You need the gear that suits you best - so we review it all, quickly, independently and thoroughly. Our business isn't about trying and sell you high mark-up, expensive products come-what-may; we tell you what's best at all price points. That includes software as well as hardware, plus headphones, speakers, audio interfaces and all manner of digital DJ controllers
- You want to understand how digital DJing fits in to DJ culture - so we regularly explore the burning questions. How has digital changed the job of the DJ? Where do digital DJs fit in with CD and vinyl DJs? How does digital fit into the DJ booth? How do digital DJs deal with prejudice and resistance to the new tools of the trade? What's different about DJing with computers compared to the old ways?
- You are passionate about getting better - so we offer tons of tuition via our hugely popular free membership, plus regular blog tutorials on everything from DJ etiquette to beatmatching, mixing in key to conquering "DJ's block". Our paid-for courses and books are industry leading, with How To Digital DJ Fast in particular having sold 1000s
- You value practical advice over theory - We are all working DJs. We play out, to real people, regularly. We are not bedroom twiddlers - we're DJs with decades of experience in clubs, on the radio and mobile. We believe DJing is done in public, not behind closed doors
- You want to be part of a friendly, inclusive community - We welcome all DJs at all levels into our fold. We are here to help. Our carefully moderated community of tens of thousands of DJs is welcoming and eager to help new members
What to do next...
To fully benefit from Digital DJ Tips, we strongly advise you to join our thousands-strong community by signing up right now for free books, tutorials and DJ offers, and subscribing to us on Facebook (chat), Twitter (upfront news), and YouTube.
If you make these commitments to us, we promise to help you on every step of your digital DJing journey, in each and every way we can!
Our charity affiliations
We donate a percentage of our profits to MOAS (the Migrant Offshore Aid Station), a registered foundation dedicated to preventing loss of life at sea by providing professional search and rescue assistance to people who find themselves in distress on high sea or trapped on unsafe vessels.
We have helped many people with free DJ & music training courses via Last Night A DJ Saved My Life, a charitable foundation creating opportunities for the dance music industry to make a real difference, committed to highlighting the plight of children in conflict zones around the world.
We also help by donating free courses to London Urban Arts Academy, a charity that aims to ensure all young people have opportunities to realise their full potential, using arts and media to support this growth of confidence and onto further development.
We make an annual donation of DJ gear to danceaid, a charity whose mission is to raise the UK and beyond to its feet dancing to make a difference to orphaned, poor and disabled children across the UK, Africa, and Asia, helping to feed, educate, equip, and inspire disadvantaged children around the world.
Our parent company Digital DJ Holdings Ltd is a member of the Gibraltar Federation of Small Businesses, the leading non-political campaigning pressure group for the promotion and protection of small and medium sized businesses in Gibraltar, which is in turn a member of the European Small Business Alliance.
A note about advertising and affiliates
Digital DJ Tips is partly paid for by advertising (managed independently by Google DoubleClick), and by affiliate links, mainly but not exclusively through Amazon. When we link to products, we sometimes get a small sales commission. If you like a product on Digital DJ Tips, by buying through one of our links, you're helping to fund the site, so please consider doing this.