In this week’s Friday Roundup, see how today’s best music hosting services stack up against each other, learn how to make crates for harmonic mixing in Serato, and find out why underground producer collectives may be the next big thing. It’s all here in our weekly muster, enjoy the weekend folks!
- SoundCloud Vs The Best Of The Rest – DJ Worx rounds up the cream of the streaming crop and churns out a handy list complete with all the info per site that you need Read more
- Can Your iPhone Cure Tinnitus? – Suffering from constant ear ringing? An iOS app called Tinnitracks claims that it can cure that by filtering songs in your MP3 library. Engadget has the scoop Read more
- Traktor Will Support Pioneer CDJ-900NXS and XDJ-1000 – An upcoming release of Traktor Pro 2 will come with HID support for Pioneer’s media players, among other new features. Check out DJ Techtools for the full list Read more
- New “YouTube For Artists” Hub Rolls Out – YouTube just launched a section specifically for musicians that includes insight tools and tips for success on the site. DIY Musician has it Read more
- Check Out The World’s First Bluetooth Crossfader – Mixfader is a modular crossfader that connects to your mobile device for scratching on the go. Check out the promo video Watch it
- Why Artist Collectives Are Taking Over Electronic Music – Producers are teaming up and building their own networks to help spread their music and grow their careers. Find out why it’s the future in a post-record label industry in this piece by THUMP Read more
- Make Smart Crates For Harmonic Mixing – Here’s a quick tip on the Serato Blog for organising your tunes according to their musical key, perfect for on-the-fly melodic mixing! Read more
We’d love to hear your views, so please feel free to comment on any of the articles above.