In this week’s Friday Roundup, check out some of the top new professional consumer headphones that came out in 2015, relive Intel’s cringe-inducing controllerism performance at the Consumer Electronics Show, and check out some tunes to end your DJ set with. All these and more in our weekly muster of DJ news from around the web. Have a safe weekend, everyone!
- 10 Great Prosumer Headphones For DJs – We don’t always listen to music on a pair of headphones made for the demands of a performing DJ. Here are 10 cans from last year that are also suitable for use beyond the DJ booth. Magnetic Magazine has it Read more
- Are These The Greatest End Of The Night Anthems? – Not a definitive list of night enders (I’d add “Infinitely Gentle Blows” there, just for the film reference) but lots of key pieces to add to your DJ library nonetheless. Decoded Magazine has the list Read more
- Controllerism Gone Wrong – Gesture-based music making’s been around for a while now (think of Nintendo’s Wii controller being hacked for Midi), so it’s strange just how bizarre this performance turned out to be. Get ready to squirm – it’s over at DJ Techtools Watch it
- DJ Premiere Recreates Song Using Serato Flip – Check out this live video of DJ Premiere recreating one of his big hits “Full Clip” using nothing but the original sampled track and Serato Flip. It’s over at the Serato Blog Watch it
- Altec Lansing Announces DJ Headphones With Built-In Camera – Now you don’t have an excuse not to film your next DJ set (wonder how they sound, though?) Magnetic Magazine has the news Read more
Feel free to comment on any of the articles above in the section below.