In this week’s Friday Roundup, we’ve got a piece on all the cool dance stuff you could buy instead of that luxurious new Technics 1200GAE, an article on the steady decline of the club as we know it, and nine of the best David Bowie remixes to drop in your set. They’re all here in our weekly muster of DJ news from around the web. Have a great weekend, everyone!
- 12 Things To Buy Instead Of The New Technics – Ministry Of Sound lists all the other things you could buy instead of an overpriced record player Read more
- 10 Most Shazamed Tracks Of 2015 – Check out last year’s most Shazamed dance songs, along with the most Shazamed tracks from the 2015 Ibiza season. Your EDM has it Read more
- SoundCloud Inks Deal With Universal – SoundCloud isn’t down and out just yet: the streaming pioneer has landed a deal with Universal Music Group, making Sony the only remaining major label it has yet to sign on. The Verge has it Read more
- Is Club Culture Dead? – Clubs are closing all across Europe. What’s next for dance culture? Check out insights from The Economist Read more
- 9 Awesome David Bowie Remixes – Celebrate the life and art of the Thin White Duke by dropping these remixes during your DJ sets this weekend. Mixmag has it Read more
- Why The Vinyl Boom Is Bad For Dance Music – Record sales are soaring and turntables are in vogue. Surely, that’s a good thing for DJs right? Thump suggests otherwise… Read more
- Invest In Earplugs ASAP – Want to DJ 20, 30, 40 years from now? Protect your ears today. Mixmag has it Read more
We want to hear your thoughts on these articles in the comments below.