In this week’s Friday Roundup, we’ve got a piece that shines the light on Tiesto, arguably one of the most iconic DJs of all time, and the reasons why he’s stayed successful and relevant from the 90s until today. We’ve also got an article on how to grow your Snapchat following (time to get onboard, folks!) and a piece on that DMC online battle winner who didn’t even use turntables. All that and more in our weekly roundup of DJ news from around the web. Happy weekend!
- 4 Secrets To Tiesto’s Success – Check out this piece by Magnetic Magazine on why it thinks Tiesto’s still able to stay at the top of the dance music game today Read more
- The Evolution Of Pop Music – Listen to all the Billboard Top 100 #1 hits from 1958 until the present. Polygraph has it Read more
- Controller DJ Killing It In Turntablism Contest – The winner of the last two rounds in the 2016 DMC Online DJ Championship is scratching on a Pioneer DJ DDJ-SZ instead of turntables. Legit? DJ Worx has it Read more
- 10 Tips To Grow Your Snapchat Fanbase – Ah Snapchat, the new social platform that’s got a lot of us scratching our heads. Hypebot has some tricks on how to get more people following you Read more
- 5 Things That Separate Career Musicians From Hobby Musicians – Are you a weekend warrior, or are you in it to win it? Check out this list of questions from Sonicbids and see which side of the fence you’re on Read more
- McDonald’s Placemats Become Midi Controllers – McDonald’s in the Netherlands is printing paper mats that you can play tunes with. Talk about a Happy Meal! Create Digital Music has it Read more
- Dance Music According To Greg Wilson – The godfather of electro-funk cherry picks his favourite highlights from dance music history. It’s over at DJ Mag Read more
Feel free to comment on any of the articles in the section below.