In this week’s Friday Roundup, we’ve got a feature by The Guardian that takes a deep dive into Berlin clubbing, which is a great read for folk who have never been to the techno capital. We’ve also got a Denon DJ MCX8000 Pitch Play demo, some ways to automate DJ library maintenance tasks if you’re on a Mac, and tips on how not to get bored with practice. All these and more in our weekly roundup of DJ news from around the web. Have a great weekend!
- Berlin Nightlife: A Primer – What’s it like to go clubbing in the techno mecca of the world? The Guardian has it Read more
- Pitch Play On The Denon DJ MCX8000 – The Serato DJ and MCX8000’s Pitch Play feature is like tone play on steroids. Check out how to work it into a performance in this video at the Serato blog Read more
- Human Hearing Loss Could Be Reversible – Tinnitus and going deaf could be a thing of the past, according to this piece by The Atlantic Read more
- 5 AppleScripts To Whip Your DJ Library Into Shape – Mac users will love these little task automators for maintaining a DJ library. DJ Techtools has it Read more
- 6 Tips For Better Chord Progressions – Chords can serve as one of the backbones of a dance music production. Check out these tricks over at Dubspot Read more
- 7 Ways To Keep Yourself Interested In Practice – The only way to get more proficient with the technical aspects of DJing is to practise with intent. Here are some tips from MusicThinkTank to help you stay focussed Read more
- What Is Portablism? – Check out this form of turntablism that uses little DVS timecode records and smaller decks. DJ City has it Watch it
Feel free to share your comments in the section below.