Our lead story is a lighthearted memoir about DJing in a less-than-inspiring venue… funny thing is, those among us who are utterly addicted to this game will, I am pretty sure, read the article and think “I’d know what to do in that situation…”! That and more in our weekly roundup of the best of the DJing and music websites.
- Confessions Of A Miserable College Bar DJ – Oh the joys of playing those “one foot on the first rung of the ladder” venues at the start of your DJing career… Read more
- Top Five Mobile Production Apps – After last week’s “can you really make music on mobile devices?” debate, DJ Mag has gone and put together a list of apps to try Read more
- Best Of The Roland TR-909 Playlist – While the 808 dominated the mid-80s, the 909 drum machine powered us out of them and into the 90s… Mixmag points you to a Spotify playlist Read more
- SoundCloud Launches A Half-Price Subscription… – Puzzlingly, the music site has added a $5 paid ad-free tier that lets you stream all, but not quite all, that the $10 tier offers. Thump reports Read more
- …While Spotify goes Premium – Meanwhile, over at Spotify, DJ Mag reports that a lossless Premium package is on its way Read more
- How To Buy Second-hand Technics SL-1200s – Want some Technics, but don’t want to pay those outrageous new prices? Vinyl Factory shows you how… Read more
Want to comment on these or any of the other stories doing the rounds in the DJ world this week? Let us know your thoughts below!