In this week’s Friday Five, we’re leading with a tribute to that now-forgotten ritual of burning playlist and mix CDs, courtesy of Complex Magazine. We’ve also got pieces from Create Digital Music, Vibe, DJ Worx and Music Radar. Have a great weekend ahead!
- An Ode To Burning CDs – Before smartphones, music streaming and playlisting, burning MP3s to CDs was the de facto way to gift that special someone a mix. Complex has it Read more
- Sharing Is Caring – Create Digital Music makes the case for sharing track IDs when punters and other DJs ask for them Read more
- What DJing Is, According To Professional DJs – Vibe serves up choice quotes on the art form coming from Red Bull 3Style champs, world-touring DJs and respected crate diggers Read more
- Do You Even Use Kensington Locks? – We’ve all seen that “K” symbol at the back of our DJ gear, but do we even bother to use them at all? DJ Worx has it Read more
- Why Bad Music Is Something You Can Learn From – Music producer Marc Houle dishes five things he’s learned from producing music for the last four decades in this piece from Music Radar Read more
Comment on any of the articles in the section below.